I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus from moving forward with the larger guest room projects since the one that got away, and to save money for other needs. That ended recently when we found this Broyhill Premier Collection “Emphasis” credenza at a local thrift/consignment shop. It’s in wonderful condition, so much so that I am resisting all urges to paint. There are several pieces/projects in the room slated for painting and my thinking has now shifted to having some wood grain in the room. I am also thinking of adding feet to it, giving it a little ‘lift’.
While I’m at it, perhaps it’s a good time to list what we hope to see done in the room:
– Paint ceiling.
– Paint walls.
– Crown molding.
– Finish the chair we purchased.
– Make pillows.
– Make pelmet.
– Make headboard… unless something awesome finds it’s way to us.
– Make bed skirt.
– Make curtains.
– Lampshade for table lamp.
– Decide if we’re painting the base of the lamp.
– Ceiling fan… this doesn’t have to purchased right away.
– Order louvered closet door. We need to order the one for our room and mom’s room at some point.
– Get our old sofa out and downstairs, and get the credenza upstairs.